For sake of Taj Mahal, Agra to become solar city
- LIVE: Western Railway resumes services, but Mumbai braces for more rain tomorrow
- Lalit Modi Row: BJP rejects demand for resignation of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Hooch liquor tragedy: Death toll rises to 41; eight policemen suspended
- J&K govt prevents Sopore Chalo march, top separatists detained
- Petition against Tendulkar's Bharat Ratna admitted by Madhya Pradesh HC
The state government plans to develop Agra as a solar city in order to save the Taj Mahal from pollution, said a minister on Friday. The proposal for making Agra a solar city was approved by Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in 2009 following which Agra Nagar Nigam made a master plan which was approved by the government of India in 2012, Minister for Alternative Energy Sources, Vijay Kumar Misra told the Vidhan Sabha. Misra was replying to a question by Dharampal Singh of BSP.