Fog thins, rail and flight services improve
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
AS the fog cover remained thin on Sunday, visibility was fairly improved, and so were the flight and rail services. Most of the short-distance trains arrived at the Chandigarh railway station on time or with a short delay. Flight operations also witnessed major improvement with none of the scheduled flights being canceled. However, some of the flights witness delay of about 45 minutes to around an hour.
Some of the flights that were delayed were Jet Airways (India) flight 467 from Chandigarh to Mumbai, which was delayed by over an hour. JetKonnect flight 2658 from Chandigarh to Delhi was delayed by 45 minutes and JetKonnect flight 3658 from Chandigarh to Delhi was delayed by 45 minutes as well.
Short distance trains like Kalka Shatabadi Express (12011) from Delhi to Chandigarh which was running late by around two hours when the fog cover was thick last week arrived on the Chandigarh railway station just four minutes behind its schedule on Sunday. Kalka Shatabdi (12005) also reached the Chandigarh railway station on time.
The train which witnessed the maximum delay in last two weeks was Unchahar Express (14217), running from Allahabad to Chandigarh. The train was running 10 to 14 hours behind schedule since December 17. However on Sunday it arrived just 2 hours and 17 minutes behind its scheduled arrival. Amritsar Chandigarh Superfast (12242) also reached Chandigarh station on time. Howrah Delhi Kalka Mail (12311) which has scheduled arrival at Chandigarh railway station at 3 pm reached Chandigarh about two hours behind schedule.