Fog-hit trains run late by a day
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The dense fog conditions have severely hit train operations. Due to poor visibility, certain long distance trains are running late by a day or more.
The North East Express is running late by over a day. The train had left Guwahati at 9.45 am on Wednesday and was expected to reach Anand Vihar at 7.15 pm on Thursday.
But the train is running late by 23 hours. As a result, the travel time of 34 hours has shot up to 57 hours. The train was expected to arrive on Friday night. With visibility less than 50 metres on some routes, many other trains too have exceeded their schedule by up to 26 hours.
The Bhagalpur Garib Rath has exceeded its scheduled arrival time by at least 26 hours. The train left Bhagalpur in Bihar on Thursday. The journey time to Anand Vihar in New Delhi is usually 19 hours (less than a day). This has shot up to 45 hours (almost two days). The train is now expected to reach Anand Vihar by Saturday morning.
Officials said both the trains had not reached Anand Vihar till Friday evening. "The train operation has been affected by low visibility caused by dense fog. We are working towards optimum capacity to ensure safety of passengers," a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
The Rewa-Anand Vihar Express is running late by 21 hours. The delay due to fog has increased the journey of 14.5 hours to over 35 hours. The train is likely to reach Anand Vihar early Saturday.
The delay in train operation has cast shadows over sanitation and cleanliness in the trains. "When a train gets delayed, then the cleanliness of the train and the washroom takes a beating. There was some delay in the supply of food too," said Kalyani Pandey, passenger in a train from Bhopal to Delhi.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express