Folk artist Ustad Rehmat Khan Langa performs at PEC
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Renowned folk artist Ustad Rehmat Khan Langa performed on the second day of the cultural festival at Punjab Engineering College(PEC), Sector-12.
The three day cultural festival is being organised by the Society for Promotion Of Indian Classical Music and Culture amongst Youth (SPIC MACAY) as part of its initiative to promote the diverse Indian folk culture.
Recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Secularism, Rehmat Khan has performed widely, both in India and various other countries and presently teaches folk music at National Bal Bhawan, New Delhi.
Led by Ustad Rehmat Khan, the troupe from Baadner, Rajasthan consisting of vocalists Yar Mohammad and Anwar Khan, Habib Khan(Sarangi), Mohammad Rafi (Khartulla) and Iqbal Ali (Dholak) belted out popular vibrant folk songs of Rajasthan.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express