Folk artist Ustad Rehmat Khan Langa performs at PEC
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- BSY keeps a low profile, his supporters not sure about BJP
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Near n-plant site, Muslim village swings towards Sena
Renowned folk artist Ustad Rehmat Khan Langa performed on the second day of the cultural festival at Punjab Engineering College(PEC), Sector-12.
The three day cultural festival is being organised by the Society for Promotion Of Indian Classical Music and Culture amongst Youth (SPIC MACAY) as part of its initiative to promote the diverse Indian folk culture.
Recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Secularism, Rehmat Khan has performed widely, both in India and various other countries and presently teaches folk music at National Bal Bhawan, New Delhi.
Led by Ustad Rehmat Khan, the troupe from Baadner, Rajasthan consisting of vocalists Yar Mohammad and Anwar Khan, Habib Khan(Sarangi), Mohammad Rafi (Khartulla) and Iqbal Ali (Dholak) belted out popular vibrant folk songs of Rajasthan.