Followed my conscience during FDI vote: JMM MP
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Arvind Kejriwal set to launch Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha poll campaign tomorrow at Rohtak
- Mata Amritanandamayi dismiss allegations against her ashram
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Sushma Swaraj on Rahul Gandhi's anti-graft efforts: Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha member Kameswar Baitha on Tuesday said he went by his "conscience" while voting with the UPA against the Opposition's motion on FDI in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha.
"I voted as per my conscience. FDI is in the interest of the country and will open up job opportunities," Baitha, who is on bail on the charge of being a Maoist, told reporters here.
Baitha had fought the 2009 general elections from jail from Palamau on a JMM ticket and won. JMM is an ally in the ruling BJP-led government in Jharkhand.
- Singhal: Hindus should have at least 5 children
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Pakistani prisoner found hanging in Jammu jail
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- On false cases, don’t discriminate between Muslims and others: Purohit writes to Shinde
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express