Followed my conscience during FDI vote: JMM MP
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha member Kameswar Baitha on Tuesday said he went by his "conscience" while voting with the UPA against the Opposition's motion on FDI in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha.
"I voted as per my conscience. FDI is in the interest of the country and will open up job opportunities," Baitha, who is on bail on the charge of being a Maoist, told reporters here.
Baitha had fought the 2009 general elections from jail from Palamau on a JMM ticket and won. JMM is an ally in the ruling BJP-led government in Jharkhand.