Following Afzal hanging, BSF on high alert at border
- Union Cabinet recommends President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rafale jet deal on right track, says French President Hollande ahead of India visit
- Three girls commit suicide in Tamil Nadu, blaming college, high fees
- Tavleen Singh's column: Could Rohith have been saved?
- Netaji files: Centre rejected probe reports twice, to assert ‘Bose dead’
Punjab Cong hails hanging
Chandigarh:The Punjab Congress on Saturday welcomed the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, saying that the attack was a "highly provocative" act, which needed to be dealt with an iron fist. "The people of Punjab and the Congress welcome the hanging, which should send a message loud and clear to everyone that such acts of assault on the country will be deemed as acts of war and dealt with accordingly," PCC president Capt Amarinder Singh said. WITH PTI
'Centre has sent a strong message'
- Activists cry for Rohith but do they ever fight for true empowerment of Dalits?
- More university campuses must put an end to the ways in which casteism operates
- How four National Voters’ Days added the equivalent of 20 Finlands to voter rolls
- Countering rising pollution, endemic, is best done via solutions ground-up
- PM has a bold vision for defence reform. Can his defence minister deliver?
- Across the aisle: 'My birth is my fatal accident'