Food Hospitality World opens its doors in Mumbai
- Hunkar rally: I want to see Narendra Modi as the future PM, says Paswan
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
- Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over Farooq Abdullah's comment on Kashmiris
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
"Food industry has grown tremendously," said Suresh Shetty as he inaugurated Food Hospitality World 2013 Mumbai (FHW), India's leading hospitality trade show.
He added, "People are travelling abroad extensively and have developed a taste for new cuisines. The FDI will also give a tremendous boost to horticulture and food based products, especially in the areas of transport and warehousing," he said, "More events like FHW should take place in Mumbai." Shetty was accompanied by Anuradha Aggarwal, VP, The Indian Express, Felice Invernizzi, corporate marketing director, Group Commercial department, Fiera Milano and Mel Lanvers-Shah, MD, Hanover Milano Fairs India at the inauguration. In its 19th edition FHW 2013 Mumbai is being held at MMRDA Grounds, Bandra Kurla Complex from January 10 - 12, 2013.
The trade exhibition specialising in hospitality and food industry is showcasing 200 national exhibitors and 50 international exhibitors and five country pavilions. Neeraj Sheth, MD, Celfrost said, "Exhibitions like these have helped us grow our business." Apart from Celfrost other participants include RAK Ceramics; FNS International; Star White Laundry, Aura Essentials, Mittal International, Shanti Metals, Kitchen Solutions, Lavazza, Kamani Oils, Springfit, Oasis Ceramics, etc.
Some of the international suppliers include Fungo e Tartufo, Elframo, Salumificio Gandolfi, Dr Schär, Schreyoegg, Kellerei St Pauls, Fuchs J, Frulana, Gruppo Izzo, Casa Vinicola Caldirola, Galantino, La delizia 2000, Divella, etc. Markus Walder, manager international trade support, Export Organisation South Tyrol of the Chamber of Commerce of Bozen said, "This is our third business trip to India and first with food products. The potential in India for growth is huge despite being a difficult market."
Also participating is Kerala Bureau of Industrial Promotion; Suraj S Nair, manager and nodal officer, NCHC added, "We are trying to help SMEs in food industry to increase their reach to newer markets by participating in shows like FHW. We provide these SMEs free space to showcase their products."
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)