I am grateful to Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi: Pawan Kumar Bansal
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, who began the presentation of Railway Budget 2013-14 in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, thanked Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi for giving him this opportunity.
"I am grateful to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi for giving me this opportunity," he told the Lok Sabha. Bansal also recalled former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi for introducing him to the biggest temple of democracy.
Bansal, who is presenting his maiden Railway Budget, is likely to announce a number of passenger friendly measures, such as improvement in catering services, development of stations and launching of several new trains.
A majority of the country''s population will, however, keep a close eye on whether Bansal yields to pressure of hiking passenger fares yet again or looks at other measures to mobilise resources to offset the burden of the recent diesel price hike. This is the first Rail Budget being presented by a Congress Minister after 17 years.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18