For arms licences, Namdhari used fake documents
- Army fight off terrorist attack on camp in Samba, operation still on
- Kasab never asked for mutton biryani, I cooked it up: Ujjwal Nikam
- He ‘harassed’ me, IAS officer Ravi’s batchmate told cops hours after his death
- Explained: Overshoot to kill
- Renuka Choudhary booked for allegedly demanding Rs 1.10 crore from Congress aspirant
For getting passport, too, Namdhari submitted fake documents to Jalandhar Regional Passport Officer in 2006. Namdhari had declared himself an illiterate person who could sign only in Hindi. However, documents show that he had failed in class XII in Uttarakhand.
The residence proof attached to the passport application was a ration card, wherein he has shown to be a resident of Janian village in Jalandhar. But the probe conducted by District Food and Supply Officer of Jalandhar found the ration card to be fake.
Moreover, Namdhari claimed in his application that no criminal cases were pending against him in 2006. However, probe revealed that 13 cases were pending against him that year.
The inquiry report stated that Namdhari "adopted illegal means to obtain a fake ration card, which was used to obtain the passport". In addition, he gave incorrect facts about his education, the report added.