For cleaner buses at 10 depots, PMPML to rope in contractor
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
The PMPML has decided to appoint a contractor at 10 bus depots to clean buses with machines on a regular basis. "This was done considering the public demand for clean buses," said PMPML director Prashat Jagtap.
Jagtap said the facility would be operational round the clock and the buses would be cleaned regularly.
With the addition of more buses to its fleet, he said the PMPML would strive to make public transport more efficient. "Around 2,300 conductors and 1,500 drivers will be recruited. Political interference in the recruitment drive would be avoided as it would be done by Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd."
Jagtap added that PMPML would seek an extension of the lease contract to use the land presently used for a bus depot at Khadki.
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress