For cleaner buses at 10 depots, PMPML to rope in contractor
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
The PMPML has decided to appoint a contractor at 10 bus depots to clean buses with machines on a regular basis. "This was done considering the public demand for clean buses," said PMPML director Prashat Jagtap.
Jagtap said the facility would be operational round the clock and the buses would be cleaned regularly.
With the addition of more buses to its fleet, he said the PMPML would strive to make public transport more efficient. "Around 2,300 conductors and 1,500 drivers will be recruited. Political interference in the recruitment drive would be avoided as it would be done by Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd."
Jagtap added that PMPML would seek an extension of the lease contract to use the land presently used for a bus depot at Khadki.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready