For hurling shoe at senior over lewd SMS, woman cop suspended
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A woman constable, who allegedly hurled a shoe at a senior police officer, who had allegedly sent her lewd messages on her cellphone, has been suspended, officials said.
The woman constable threw the shoe at Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Naresh Meghrajani last night while alleging that he had sent her lewd messages on her cellphone.
She had earlier filed a complaint that three police officials had sent her vulgar smses, including ACP Meghrajani and another ACP Sandeep Bhajibhakare.
Later, police had conducted a probe into the allegations and had registered a case against Bhajibhakare and also transferred him to Ratnagiri.
Last night, the woman police personnel allegedly hurled a shoe at Meghrajani at the Commissionerate following which Aurangabad Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar suspended her.
The woman then went and submitted a complaint in the Begumpura police station that Meghrajani abused her.