For hurling shoe at senior over lewd SMS, woman cop suspended
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
- To beat poll code, first Jaya movie with MGR returns, angers DMK
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
A woman constable, who allegedly hurled a shoe at a senior police officer, who had allegedly sent her lewd messages on her cellphone, has been suspended, officials said.
The woman constable threw the shoe at Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Naresh Meghrajani last night while alleging that he had sent her lewd messages on her cellphone.
She had earlier filed a complaint that three police officials had sent her vulgar smses, including ACP Meghrajani and another ACP Sandeep Bhajibhakare.
Later, police had conducted a probe into the allegations and had registered a case against Bhajibhakare and also transferred him to Ratnagiri.
Last night, the woman police personnel allegedly hurled a shoe at Meghrajani at the Commissionerate following which Aurangabad Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar suspended her.
The woman then went and submitted a complaint in the Begumpura police station that Meghrajani abused her.