For hurling shoe at senior over lewd SMS, woman cop suspended
A woman constable, who allegedly hurled a shoe at a senior police officer, who had allegedly sent her lewd messages on her cellphone, has been suspended, officials said.
The woman constable threw the shoe at Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Naresh Meghrajani last night while alleging that he had sent her lewd messages on her cellphone.
She had earlier filed a complaint that three police officials had sent her vulgar smses, including ACP Meghrajani and another ACP Sandeep Bhajibhakare.
Later, police had conducted a probe into the allegations and had registered a case against Bhajibhakare and also transferred him to Ratnagiri.
Last night, the woman police personnel allegedly hurled a shoe at Meghrajani at the Commissionerate following which Aurangabad Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar suspended her.
The woman then went and submitted a complaint in the Begumpura police station that Meghrajani abused her.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players