For Kaka, from Pakistan
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
For Kaka, from Pakistan
Rajesh Khanna's death was mourned in Pakistan. Reports, editorials and articles in Pakistani newspapers paid tribute to Khanna, as did Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf.
On July 19, the day after his death,The Express Tribune carried an editorial whose headline was plucked from one of Khanna's most popular film songs. Titled "Acha tau hum chaltey hain", the editorial was a homage to Khanna's genius as an actor. "PM Raja Pervaiz Ashraf paid a befitting tribute to the great cinematic icon: 'Rajesh Khanna was a great actor whose contribution to the field of films and arts will be long remembered. He had large fan followings across the borders and captivated audiences with his excellent acting skills.' As an icon is laid to rest, the world of cinema weeps for him. 'Pushpa, I hate tears' is a dialogue from Khanna's great hit, Amar Prem. Kaka, your fans know you hate tears but today they cannot stop shedding tears over this sad news. Rest in peace, Kaka," the editorial said.
Khanna was born in a small town called Burewala near the industrial city of Faislabad. The News carried a local report from Burewala on July 19: "The people of Burewala expressed sadness over the death of legendry Indian film actor Rajesh Khanna who was born in Burewala on December 29, 1942. The Khanna family's old house where Rajesh was born still exists in H Block of the city. His father, Lala Heera Nand Khanna, was the first headmaster of M.C. Model High School, Burewala. He migrated to India after Partition... and settled in Amritsar. Rajesh Khanna started his primary education at the local primary school. The Hindi words 'Jatin Nivas' have been inscribed at the main gate of the family house as the real name of Rajesh Khanna was Jatin Khanna. Now a Muslim family lives in the house."
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2