For misbehaving with mother, boy kills priest
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A 12-year-old boy allegedly shot dead a priest in Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow on Sunday following an argument between the boy's mother and the priest.
According to police, the incident took place in Bhola Kheda village around 7 am when Kamal Kishor Tiwari (27) went to buy milk from a milk shop run by Ramasrey, a private security guard, at his home. Police said Tiwari asked Ramasrey's son to give him milk but the boy refused, saying there was no milk left.
At this, Tiwari had an argument with the boy and allegedly also said some abusive words, the police said. When the boy's mother Sadhna intervened, Tiwari reportedly "misbehaved" with her.
While Tiwari and Sadhna were still involved in the quarrel, her son went inside the house and brought the licensed gun of his father and shot Tiwari, the bullet hitting him in the waist, the police said.
Tiwari was admitted to the trauma centre at King George Medical University (KGMU) where he died during treatment. Tiwari, a resident of Unnao district, was currently living in Bhola Kheda and was a priest at the village temple.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi