For misbehaving with mother, boy kills priest
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
A 12-year-old boy allegedly shot dead a priest in Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow on Sunday following an argument between the boy's mother and the priest.
According to police, the incident took place in Bhola Kheda village around 7 am when Kamal Kishor Tiwari (27) went to buy milk from a milk shop run by Ramasrey, a private security guard, at his home. Police said Tiwari asked Ramasrey's son to give him milk but the boy refused, saying there was no milk left.
At this, Tiwari had an argument with the boy and allegedly also said some abusive words, the police said. When the boy's mother Sadhna intervened, Tiwari reportedly "misbehaved" with her.
While Tiwari and Sadhna were still involved in the quarrel, her son went inside the house and brought the licensed gun of his father and shot Tiwari, the bullet hitting him in the waist, the police said.
Tiwari was admitted to the trauma centre at King George Medical University (KGMU) where he died during treatment. Tiwari, a resident of Unnao district, was currently living in Bhola Kheda and was a priest at the village temple.
Brajesh Singh, Circle Officer (Alambagh), said police have taken the boy into custody and seized the gun. The boy has been booked for murder and sent to juvenile jail. Police will also initiate the process of cancellation of his father's gun license, Singh added. The boy is a student of class 7 at the village school.