For misbehaving with mother, boy kills priest
- NDA falls behind as campaign swings poll towards Nitish-Lalu: Lokniti CSDS pre-poll survey
- Govt hikes excise duty on petrol by Rs 1.6 per litre, diesel by 40 paisa
- Four Mi-25 attack helicopters for Afghanistan: India's bold move
- Pakistan is going to remain a problem for India: Western Army Commander
- Religious places of Muslims, Christians in Odisha should be under state regulating authority: RSS
A 12-year-old boy allegedly shot dead a priest in Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow on Sunday following an argument between the boy's mother and the priest.
According to police, the incident took place in Bhola Kheda village around 7 am when Kamal Kishor Tiwari (27) went to buy milk from a milk shop run by Ramasrey, a private security guard, at his home. Police said Tiwari asked Ramasrey's son to give him milk but the boy refused, saying there was no milk left.
At this, Tiwari had an argument with the boy and allegedly also said some abusive words, the police said. When the boy's mother Sadhna intervened, Tiwari reportedly "misbehaved" with her.
While Tiwari and Sadhna were still involved in the quarrel, her son went inside the house and brought the licensed gun of his father and shot Tiwari, the bullet hitting him in the waist, the police said.
Tiwari was admitted to the trauma centre at King George Medical University (KGMU) where he died during treatment. Tiwari, a resident of Unnao district, was currently living in Bhola Kheda and was a priest at the village temple.