For misbehaving with mother, boy kills priest
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
A 12-year-old boy allegedly shot dead a priest in Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow on Sunday following an argument between the boy's mother and the priest.
According to police, the incident took place in Bhola Kheda village around 7 am when Kamal Kishor Tiwari (27) went to buy milk from a milk shop run by Ramasrey, a private security guard, at his home. Police said Tiwari asked Ramasrey's son to give him milk but the boy refused, saying there was no milk left.
At this, Tiwari had an argument with the boy and allegedly also said some abusive words, the police said. When the boy's mother Sadhna intervened, Tiwari reportedly "misbehaved" with her.
While Tiwari and Sadhna were still involved in the quarrel, her son went inside the house and brought the licensed gun of his father and shot Tiwari, the bullet hitting him in the waist, the police said.
Tiwari was admitted to the trauma centre at King George Medical University (KGMU) where he died during treatment. Tiwari, a resident of Unnao district, was currently living in Bhola Kheda and was a priest at the village temple.