For my Mamu
- No clean chit to Jaitley, BJP almost begging for apology: Kejriwal
- Op-Ed: Arun Jaitley is the Manmohan of the BJP
- Mumbai Congress journal blames Nehru for state of affairs in Kashmir
- Indo-Pak talks will go on, why can’t we be like leaders in Europe: Modi, Sharif
- Congress didn’t let Sonia meet Zakia Jafri after riots: 2002 ‘whistleblower’
Imran Khan's housewarming ceremony was a picture of Bollywood strength, with most big names making their way there. After renovating his grandfather, late film-maker Nasir Hussain's 50-year-old bungalow, Imran threw a bash for his friends and family. And one of the most important guests of the evening was none other that his mamu Aamir Khan. When the duo got together, they were fired with questions about each other and Imran looked at his uncle and confessed that as a kid he was scared of mamu, but when he turned 13 and became close to him, he got over his fear. Aamir, looked at the junior Khan with surprise, and quipped, "I did not know that. I am glad that you are no longer frightened of me." That had the two laughing, before they turned to go into the house together.
Her own Santa Claus
It was Christmas time and like always Asin was cornered by some journos to find out about her plans for big day. She is a Christian from Kochi in Kerala.
When asked what gifts she got for Christmas from Santa Claus, she gleefully replied that her Santa is her dad Joseph Thottumkal and he is the one who pampers her with lots and lots of love and gifts, something she never has to ask for specially. "And he also has a beard," she added laughingly. It is no wonder then, that her Christmas is always a cheerful affair.
While on Imran Khan, during the promotions for their film Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, he and his heroine Anushka Sharma have been travelling around quite a lot. At one point they had to paste the poster of the film on some commercial cars, and the duo quite enjoyed the activity.
- Akhand Bharat, is misread as a political programme of party or government
- India-Pakistan relations cannot be treated as the personal property
- Chennai must look beyond the flood relief spectacle
- Raja-Mandala: Modi’s Pakistan opportunity
- Arun Jaitley is the Manmohan Singh of the BJP
- Iran may transform from an insular security state to a regional power