For my Mamu
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Her own Santa Claus
It was Christmas time and like always Asin was cornered by some journos to find out about her plans for big day. She is a Christian from Kochi in Kerala.
When asked what gifts she got for Christmas from Santa Claus, she gleefully replied that her Santa is her dad Joseph Thottumkal and he is the one who pampers her with lots and lots of love and gifts, something she never has to ask for specially. "And he also has a beard," she added laughingly. It is no wonder then, that her Christmas is always a cheerful affair.
While on Imran Khan, during the promotions for their film Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, he and his heroine Anushka Sharma have been travelling around quite a lot. At one point they had to paste the poster of the film on some commercial cars, and the duo quite enjoyed the activity.
While Imran applied the glue, Anushka pasted the poster. In fact, she was even heard saying, "I would love to paste the posters on all the cars in Mumbai. This way our film will get famous, and everyone will go to watch it in the theatres."
While most actresses crave for a comeback, Ayesha Takia is in no hurry to sign a film. In fact, the actress who was seen in Mod (2011), throws in a surprise by saying that she has quit films. "With family and business, films take away too much of my time. I am not doing any more films," smiles the actress.
Though, Takia's fans won't be disappointed. The actress, who hosted the singing reality show Sur Kshetra, is game to appear on television again. "If some great show comes up, I will definitely take it up," says Takia.
New year cheer
Celebrating new year with friends is the done thing, but for Minnisha Lamba it was very special because she brought in 2013 with her friends after four years. "Busy with some shooting or the other on new years, since the last four years, I missed spending time with my friends. This year it was great fun as I went over to my very close friend Nisha's place in Mumbai with other friends joining us. I was also gifted an iphone 5 on Christmas. So this new year has really been special," quipped the pretty actress.
Biting the net bait
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first