For sake of Taj Mahal, Agra to become solar city
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
The state government plans to develop Agra as a solar city in order to save the Taj Mahal from pollution, said a minister on Friday. The proposal for making Agra a solar city was approved by Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in 2009 following which Agra Nagar Nigam made a master plan which was approved by the government of India in 2012, Minister for Alternative Energy Sources, Vijay Kumar Misra told the Vidhan Sabha. Misra was replying to a question by Dharampal Singh of BSP.