For sake of Taj Mahal, Agra to become solar city
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
The state government plans to develop Agra as a solar city in order to save the Taj Mahal from pollution, said a minister on Friday. The proposal for making Agra a solar city was approved by Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in 2009 following which Agra Nagar Nigam made a master plan which was approved by the government of India in 2012, Minister for Alternative Energy Sources, Vijay Kumar Misra told the Vidhan Sabha. Misra was replying to a question by Dharampal Singh of BSP.