For sake of Taj Mahal, Agra to become solar city
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
The state government plans to develop Agra as a solar city in order to save the Taj Mahal from pollution, said a minister on Friday. The proposal for making Agra a solar city was approved by Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in 2009 following which Agra Nagar Nigam made a master plan which was approved by the government of India in 2012, Minister for Alternative Energy Sources, Vijay Kumar Misra told the Vidhan Sabha. Misra was replying to a question by Dharampal Singh of BSP.