For threatening woman cop, jail inmate, kin booked
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- The Failing Fields: Wheat crop damaged, only seeds of discord at Punjab’s mega mandi
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
The city police have registered a case against an undertrial, accused of murder and lodged in the Ludhiana women jail, and her relatives for allegedly threatening the prison's superintendent Snehjot Dhawan. After a seven-month long inquiry, police have booked inmate inmate Dolly Rani, her daughter and another relative Amit Kamboj.
The cases have been registered under Section 66-A of the IT Act (sending false and offensive messages through communication services) and Section 506 of IPC (criminal intimidation).
Dolly, a resident of Sohana in Mohali has been lodged in the women jail for alleged murder. Snehjot Dhawan had filed a complaint after she received threats on her phone on June 4, last year. Jail officials had sent the complaint to DIG (Roop Nagar range). DIG had forwarded the complaint to Superintendent of Police (detective) Mohali for enquiry. After completing the enquiry SP had sent the enquiry report to the Ludhiana police commissioner Ludhiana. Having obtained a legal opinion from the district attorney (legal), the division no 7 police have registered the case. In her complaint, Snehjot Dhawan said the accused threatened that they would harm her family if she did not favor Dolly Rani.