For threatening woman cop, jail inmate, kin booked
The city police have registered a case against an undertrial, accused of murder and lodged in the Ludhiana women jail, and her relatives for allegedly threatening the prison's superintendent Snehjot Dhawan. After a seven-month long inquiry, police have booked inmate inmate Dolly Rani, her daughter and another relative Amit Kamboj.
The cases have been registered under Section 66-A of the IT Act (sending false and offensive messages through communication services) and Section 506 of IPC (criminal intimidation).
Dolly, a resident of Sohana in Mohali has been lodged in the women jail for alleged murder. Snehjot Dhawan had filed a complaint after she received threats on her phone on June 4, last year. Jail officials had sent the complaint to DIG (Roop Nagar range). DIG had forwarded the complaint to Superintendent of Police (detective) Mohali for enquiry. After completing the enquiry SP had sent the enquiry report to the Ludhiana police commissioner Ludhiana. Having obtained a legal opinion from the district attorney (legal), the division no 7 police have registered the case. In her complaint, Snehjot Dhawan said the accused threatened that they would harm her family if she did not favor Dolly Rani.
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan
- ‘50% voters in state between 20-39 years’
- Eye on Muslim votes, Modi’s Chai pe Charcha moves closer to home
- Saina lone Indian to survive opening day of All England