For want of Rs 4 lakh and car, woman, son burnt to death by UP cop
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
A 24-year-old woman and her six-month-old son were allegedly burnt to death by an Uttar Pradesh police constable and his family members over dowry demand, police said today.
In the incident which took place yesterday in Turi Baghuli village in the Iglas police station area, Priya and her infant son were allegedly killed by her husband Pushpendra Sharma and in-laws, who set the victims on fire.
Family members of the victim alleged that Priya, who had married Pushpendra three years back, was of late under pressure from her in-laws to either arrange for a car or ask her parents to give them Rs 4 lakh.