For want of Rs 4 lakh and car, woman, son burnt to death by UP cop
- Election LIVE: Kejriwal attacks BJP at Bangalore rally, confirms he will contest against Modi from Varanasi
- Malaysian PM Razak dials Manmohan Singh for help
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- I share PM, Sonia Gandhi's apology over 1984 riots: Rahul Gandhi
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
A 24-year-old woman and her six-month-old son were allegedly burnt to death by an Uttar Pradesh police constable and his family members over dowry demand, police said today.
In the incident which took place yesterday in Turi Baghuli village in the Iglas police station area, Priya and her infant son were allegedly killed by her husband Pushpendra Sharma and in-laws, who set the victims on fire.
Family members of the victim alleged that Priya, who had married Pushpendra three years back, was of late under pressure from her in-laws to either arrange for a car or ask her parents to give them Rs 4 lakh.
A case has been filed by the victim's family following which Pushpendra's father Mahesh Chandra Sharma was arrested last night while Pusshpendra, is still absconding, they said.