Forbes says Cognizant beats Google on list
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
US-headquartered IT services major Cognizant Technology Solutions has been ranked at 12th place on a Forbes list of America's 25 fastest growing tech companies, ahead of Google, which has been topped by business networking site LinkedIn.
Social networking giant Facebook is ranked second, followed by global IT major Apple at the third place.
Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, which recently pipped Infosys as the second-largest IT services firm in India, is the only company on the list with large exposure to India. Cognizant is a US-listed, American company, although nearly 75 per cent of the company's global headcount is in India.
STOCK MARKETS LINKS
Others on the list include 3D Systems (4th), IPG Photonics (5th), EPAM Systems (6th), Shutterstock (7th), InvenSense (8th), Shutterfly (9th), OpenTable (10th),
SolarWinds (11th), athenahealth (13th), Ixia (14th) and Equinix (15th).
Interestingly, Google is ranked quite low at 17th place.
The list icludes only those tech firms that are making profits and have a minimum revenue of USD 150 million and a market cap of at least USD 500 million