Forbes says Cognizant beats Google on list
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
US-headquartered IT services major Cognizant Technology Solutions has been ranked at 12th place on a Forbes list of America's 25 fastest growing tech companies, ahead of Google, which has been topped by business networking site LinkedIn.
Social networking giant Facebook is ranked second, followed by global IT major Apple at the third place.
Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, which recently pipped Infosys as the second-largest IT services firm in India, is the only company on the list with large exposure to India. Cognizant is a US-listed, American company, although nearly 75 per cent of the company's global headcount is in India.
STOCK MARKETS LINKS
Others on the list include 3D Systems (4th), IPG Photonics (5th), EPAM Systems (6th), Shutterstock (7th), InvenSense (8th), Shutterfly (9th), OpenTable (10th),
SolarWinds (11th), athenahealth (13th), Ixia (14th) and Equinix (15th).
Interestingly, Google is ranked quite low at 17th place.
The list icludes only those tech firms that are making profits and have a minimum revenue of USD 150 million and a market cap of at least USD 500 million