Forbes says Cognizant beats Google on list
- Dengue: Toll reaches 16 as two more girls die; over 2,000 tested positive
- Bihar polls: After quitting Grand Alliance, Mulayam forms Third Front
- US Federal funds rate remains unchanged, defers to global economic volatility
- Bharti gets relief from arrest as HC reserves order on anticipatory bail
- No ban on meat in Maharashtra as SC rejects plea against Bombay HC's order
US-headquartered IT services major Cognizant Technology Solutions has been ranked at 12th place on a Forbes list of America's 25 fastest growing tech companies, ahead of Google, which has been topped by business networking site LinkedIn.
Social networking giant Facebook is ranked second, followed by global IT major Apple at the third place.
Nasdaq-listed Cognizant, which recently pipped Infosys as the second-largest IT services firm in India, is the only company on the list with large exposure to India. Cognizant is a US-listed, American company, although nearly 75 per cent of the company's global headcount is in India.
STOCK MARKETS LINKS
Others on the list include 3D Systems (4th), IPG Photonics (5th), EPAM Systems (6th), Shutterstock (7th), InvenSense (8th), Shutterfly (9th), OpenTable (10th),
SolarWinds (11th), athenahealth (13th), Ixia (14th) and Equinix (15th).
Interestingly, Google is ranked quite low at 17th place.
The list icludes only those tech firms that are making profits and have a minimum revenue of USD 150 million and a market cap of at least USD 500 million