Force Motors launches world’s only monocoque panel van Traveller 26
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
The company has priced the vehicle at Rs 10,87,600 ex-showroom, Delhi
Automotive major Force Motors launched the world's only 26-seater monocoque panel van in the city on Tuesday. The Traveller 26 is loaded with several path breaking and novel features offered for the first time in mid size bus (20 - 30 seats) segment.
Traveller 26 is powered by the 129 Ps / 295 Nm, common rail engine made under license from Daimler AG., Germany and boasts of the highest power to weight ratio in its category of 18 kw per tonne as compared to 12kw per tonne of comparable models.
Dual mass fly wheel technology has been used for the first time on an LCV in India — this absorbs low end vibrations and ensures smooth ride even at low speeds. The advanced 5 speed synchromesh gearbox, offers low friction and smooth transmission while the special clutch lining is designed for frequent start-stop operations common in short distance bus operations. Traveller 26 is 15 per cent more fuel efficient than comparable models.
The vehicle is the only 26-seater with monocoque construction offering outstanding structural strength and unmatched durability. It is the only vehicle in its class to adopt the cathodic electro deposition dip (C.E.D) painting process for primer application thus offering the highest levels of rust protection. The sixth generation paint shop ensures car like top coat finish and gloss retention. It is the only vehicle in its category with ventilated disk brakes on all wheels ensuring top class and sure stops braking. The HI circuit, load conscious regulating valve (LCRV) and newly offered electronic indicators for wear and tear of brake pads set new standards for passenger safety. With several more firsts like lowest floor height for easy entry and exit, lowest center of gravity for superb ride stability, lowest NVH levels for car like ambience, the Traveller 26 offers unmatched seating comfort with wide body interior of 2.2 meters, a wide aisle, full standing height and ample leg room.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling