Ford recalls 262,000 Fiestas
- This is how India trashed Pakistan's claims at UNGA
- View in Govt, party: Need to address anger on Uri attack, walk tough talk
- AAP MLA Somnath Bharti arrested by Delhi Police for assaulting AIIMS security guards
- Islamabad envoy Abdul Basit summoned, told Uri attackers came from Pakistan
- After Panama Papers, Bahamas: More Indians in secret tax haven list
Ford Motor Co said it is recalling 262,000 Fiesta subcompacts from model years 2011-2013 to reprogram the passenger side curtain air bags.
The vehicles originally were programmed so the passenger side curtain air bags would not deploy in certain crashes if the front passenger seat were empty, Ford said.
That information is not explained in the vehicle owner's manual, according to the official recall notice posted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The recall includes 154,604 Fiestas in the United States, with the rest in Canada, Mexico and South America.
Ford will reprogram a computer module on the vehicles so that the passenger side curtain air bags will not be suppressed in a crash when the front passenger seat is unoccupied, the company said.
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth
- March of the Maratha: Worryingly, agitation for quota has anti-Dalit colour
- A decade after ‘Prakash Singh’ judgement, police reform remains undone
- India must craft an appropriate military response to Pakistan
- India has not harnessed its economic success to secure better health for its citizens
- The Uri challenge: Repair structures to reduce vulnerability, provide deterrence