Foreign exchange fraud: 8 remanded in police custody
- Navy Chief DK Joshi takes responsibility for spate of accidents, resigns
- TRS gives jitters to Congress post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- SC orders arrest of Sahara chief Subrata Roy, says âarms of court very longâ
- KLF terrorist Bhullar will not be executed in present health condition, Centre tells SC
- Paswan, who left NDA over Modi, signals tie-up with BJP for ânew optionâ
A local court remanded eight of the 12 accused, including a Bangladeshi national, in two-day police custody for allegedly duping people who wanted US dollars for Indian rupees, cheap.
The four women accused in the case were remanded in judicial custody Monday evening, police said.
The gang of 12 was busted by city police in Gangapurgaon Sunday.
The gang promised dollars at low rates in exchange for Indian rupees, but short-changed customers, giving them bundles that had dollars at the top and bottom and blank card sheets in between.