Foreign exchange fraud: 8 remanded in police custody
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
A local court remanded eight of the 12 accused, including a Bangladeshi national, in two-day police custody for allegedly duping people who wanted US dollars for Indian rupees, cheap.
The four women accused in the case were remanded in judicial custody Monday evening, police said.
The gang of 12 was busted by city police in Gangapurgaon Sunday.
The gang promised dollars at low rates in exchange for Indian rupees, but short-changed customers, giving them bundles that had dollars at the top and bottom and blank card sheets in between.