Foreign nationals sexually harass woman in Delhi's posh Connaught Place
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Four men from embassies of three different countries were arrested on Monday evening on the charge of harassing, misbehaving with and threatening an assistant manager of a five-star hotel in the heart of the city.
Police said two of the arrested men were from Libya, the third from Yemen and the fourth from Algeria.
According to police, the incident took place at 8 pm at Janpath market. The men were said to be travelling in an embassy vehicle.
Confirming the incident, Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) KC Dwivedi said a case under sections 506 (criminal intimidation), 509 (outraging a woman's modesty) and 34 (common intention) was registered at the Connaught Place police station.
In her statement to police, the victim said the men made obscene gestures at her and harassed while she was at Janpath market.
Police said the car carrying the four men pulled over and they alleged passed lewd remarks.
"The woman, who was alone at the time of the incident, alerted policemen who were in the vicinity. The policemen detained the accused immediately and, along with the victim, brought them to the police station," a senior police officer said.
Police said they were examining the credentials of the arrested men and were getting in touch with the embassies they represent.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress