Foreigner dies mid-air, plane makes emergency landing
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A Frankfurt-Bangkok flight made an emergency landing in the city for medical treatment of a passenger who suddenly fell ill mid-air, but he was dead before the airport doctors could treat him.
The passenger, about 75 years of age, of flight LH-772 of Lufthansa airlines fell ill when the plane was flying near the city airport, sources in the NSC Bose International Airport here said.
The flight, which was not scheduled to land here, requested the Air Traffic Control for an emergency landing which was granted.
However, the passenger was dead by the time doctors of the airport could see him, the sources said.
The sources, however, could not confirm the identity of the passenger, whose body was taken for post-mortem examination.
- Opening up: Rahul Gandhi plans elections to pick CWC members too
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt