Forest guard alleges attempted rape on his wife by BJP men in MP
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
A forest guard in Madhya Pradesh today alleged at a press conference organised in the Congress party office here that three BJP workers had attempted to rape his wife in Sehore district.
The forest guard, who was in his uniform and identified as Prem Singh Barela, levelled the allegation at the press meet of MPCC President Kantilal Bhuria. He alleged that three BJP workers identified as Iqbal Haji, Banesingh Parmar and Swatantra Singh Parmar forcibly entered his official residence at Jhagaria village on February 3 and tried to rape his wife.
They also threatened him with dire consequences when she was inside the house with her little son, the guard claimed.
Initially, police was not registering an FIR in the matter but later the report was filedbut no action was taken in this regard so far, he alleged. Bhuria condemned the incident and demanded action against those responsible for the crime and utilised the incident to say that law and order situation had deteriorated in Madhya Pradesh which goes to polls later this year.
However, ruling BJP MLA and party Spokesman Vishwas Sarang said police will take action in this regard after the probe as per law and will do whatever possible, but cautioned Congress not to do politics in such sensitive matters