Forging documents for sale of SIM cards: Another person held
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Pune Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), on Thursday night, arrested an accomplice of mobile shop owner Ganpat Garg who was arrested for allegedly selling SIM cards to people on the basis of forged documents. Investigators have recovered more than 100 SIM cards, photos of 54 persons and documents of some more persons.
The second arrested suspect has been identified as Iqbal Sadiq Khan (31), a resident of Kondhwa. On Friday, Pune court remanded Khan in police custody till November 14. ATS had arrested Garg from Dighi. He too has been remanded in police custody till November 14. Investigating officer Milind Gaikwad said Garg has been selling cards on forged documents for the last two years.