Forging documents for sale of SIM cards: Another person held
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
Pune Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), on Thursday night, arrested an accomplice of mobile shop owner Ganpat Garg who was arrested for allegedly selling SIM cards to people on the basis of forged documents. Investigators have recovered more than 100 SIM cards, photos of 54 persons and documents of some more persons.
The second arrested suspect has been identified as Iqbal Sadiq Khan (31), a resident of Kondhwa. On Friday, Pune court remanded Khan in police custody till November 14. ATS had arrested Garg from Dighi. He too has been remanded in police custody till November 14. Investigating officer Milind Gaikwad said Garg has been selling cards on forged documents for the last two years.