Former Abhishek aide Allenís statement recorded in US
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- India vs Australia Live Cricket Score: Australia lose two in a hurry
Confirming the role of arms dealer Abhishek Verma in defence deals, Edmond C Allen has recorded his statements before a joint team of CBI-ED in the US. Allen has also identified the MoD officials, bureaucrats and Verma's associates to the sleuths nailing the role of Verma in the leakage of secret documents.
Verma is accused of obtaining secret defence documents from MoD and supplying them to private defence firms.
The CBI-ED team which returned after a 15-day-visit to the US also examined the bank accounts details in which Verma received payments for alleged defence deals. However, the details of the accounts will be made available by the US authorities in reply to a letter rogatory sent by the CBI.
Allen's statements would be used at the time of filing of chargesheet against Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Neacsu, said officials.
Allen, a former escrow fund manager of Verma, had sent mails addressed to Defence Minister A K Antony, the CBI and the ED in January this year. The CBI registered the first case against Verma and his wife in June this year and arrested the duo. It has slapped nearly half a dozen criminal cases against Verma which include forging the letters of the then MoS (Home) Ajay Maken and of one of its SPs.
The ED has also slapped charges of money laundering on Verma and his wife.
The sources said Allen also confirmed the money received in a New York bank account in the name of Verma's Ganton USA. Allen is also learnt to have authenticated the documents supplied by him and the e-mails seized from Verma's laptop during the CBI raids. The classified documents related to defence procurement in possession of Verma were also identified by Allen. He provided the e-mail trails of these documents to the ED.
- AAP thought running government a child's play: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians