Former air-hostess alleges rape by Amritsar based businessman
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi files nomination, says he didn't get personal with Narendra Modi
A 26-year- old former air hostess has complained to police that she was allegedly raped by a Amritsar-based businessman on the pretext of offering her a job with a reputed airline company.
A zero FIR has been registered at the Gurgaon police station on Tuesday. The victim, a resident of Gurgaon, alleged that she was raped at a hotel in Nehru Place, Delhi.
The woman, who was earlier employed with a private airline, was laid off along with many others a few months ago, police said.
According to police, the woman alleged that she had met the businessman through a social networking site after which they had become good friends. The accused allegedly lured the victim into a relationship by claiming that he would be getting a divorce soon.
Police said, according to the woman, the businessman met her on numerous occasions in Delhi and they got into a physical relationship.
The woman told police that the businessman told her that he was in the business of importing aviation fuel and allegedly told her that he had many contacts in the aviation industry.
"The woman alleged that she last met the accused at a hotel in Nehru Place on April 30. She alleged that he raped her in the hotel room after forcing her to consume liquor. After that meeting, she alleged that the businessman refused to take her calls and stopped all contact with her. On Tuesday, she lodged a complaint of rape against him at civil Lines police station," a police officer said.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit