Former air-hostess alleges rape by Amritsar based businessman
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 26-year- old former air hostess has complained to police that she was allegedly raped by a Amritsar-based businessman on the pretext of offering her a job with a reputed airline company.
A zero FIR has been registered at the Gurgaon police station on Tuesday. The victim, a resident of Gurgaon, alleged that she was raped at a hotel in Nehru Place, Delhi.
The woman, who was earlier employed with a private airline, was laid off along with many others a few months ago, police said.
According to police, the woman alleged that she had met the businessman through a social networking site after which they had become good friends. The accused allegedly lured the victim into a relationship by claiming that he would be getting a divorce soon.
Police said, according to the woman, the businessman met her on numerous occasions in Delhi and they got into a physical relationship.
The woman told police that the businessman told her that he was in the business of importing aviation fuel and allegedly told her that he had many contacts in the aviation industry.
"The woman alleged that she last met the accused at a hotel in Nehru Place on April 30. She alleged that he raped her in the hotel room after forcing her to consume liquor. After that meeting, she alleged that the businessman refused to take her calls and stopped all contact with her. On Tuesday, she lodged a complaint of rape against him at civil Lines police station," a police officer said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express