Former Bihar MP Pappu Yadav acquitted in Ajit Sarkar murder case
Controversial former RJD MP Pappu Yadav was today acquitted by the Patna High Court in CPI(M) leader Ajit Sarkar murder case for want of evidence.
A division bench comprising justices V N Singh and K K Lal set aside the February 2008 conviction of Yadav and two other accused - Rajan Tiwari and Anil Kumar Yadav - by a lower court and acquitted them of all charges in connection with killing of Sarkar nearly 15 years ago.
The court also directed the authorities to release Yadav from jail forthwith if he was not wanted in any other case.
Sarkar, a former CPI(M) legislator, was shot dead by unidentified persons in Purnia district on June 14, 1998.
- Son Karti replaces Chidambaram in Sivaganga
- Uneasy NDA vs struggling INLD and Cong, with AAP thrown in
- BJP has a Tamil Nadu front, if the allies do stick together
- Kapil Sibal files papers, says no Modi wave in Chandni Chowk
- RSS gives L K Advani illusion of choice
- Nandan Nilekani, wife declare assets worth Rs 7,700 cr