Former BSP leader joins BJP
- TV channels threaten to blackout Kejriwal campaign
- Missing Malaysian jet: India clears its passengers
- BJP reacts angrily to Rahul Gandhi raking up 2002 riots issue
- BJP's 'Chai Pe Charcha' may run into Election Commission trouble
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
Former BSP MLA from Duddhi Assembly seat in Sonbhadra district Chandramani Prasad joined BJP in Lucknow on Saturday. Prasad, a retired IPS officer, took membership of BJP along with his wife Sumitra Mani in the presence of party state president Laxmikant Bajpai and party national vice-president Kalraj Mishra and other leaders.
Chandramani Prasad was elected as MLA from Duddhi on BSP ticket in 2007.
He had contested on same seat as an independent candidate in 2012 elections because BSP had denied him ticket. He had lost the election and his security was also forfeited.