Former BSP leader joins BJP
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Former BSP MLA from Duddhi Assembly seat in Sonbhadra district Chandramani Prasad joined BJP in Lucknow on Saturday. Prasad, a retired IPS officer, took membership of BJP along with his wife Sumitra Mani in the presence of party state president Laxmikant Bajpai and party national vice-president Kalraj Mishra and other leaders.
Chandramani Prasad was elected as MLA from Duddhi on BSP ticket in 2007.
He had contested on same seat as an independent candidate in 2012 elections because BSP had denied him ticket. He had lost the election and his security was also forfeited.