Former Dera Sacha Sauda sadhu castrated, say docs
- Delhi HC refuses to interfere, odd-even scheme to continue till January 15
- With backing of ISI, JeM rises like a phoenix in Pakistan
- SC suggests harsher punishment for persons convicted of raping children
- Pathankot attack: NSA Ajit Doval denies saying talks with Pakistan cancelled
- Malda violence: BJP MPs stopped from visiting violence-hit Kaliachak
Sadhu Hans Raj Chauhan, who had filed a petition alleging castration at the behest of Dera Sacha Sauda head Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, was indeed castrated, a report by a board of doctors of the Government Multi Specialty Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 confirmed on Monday.
The report was submitted to the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Monday.
Taking it up on record, Justice R N Raina directed the Dera Sacha Sauda to file its reply in the case. During resumed hearing on Monday, senior standing counsel for CBI, S S Sandhu, apprised the court that state authorities are competent enough to probe the matter and hence there was no need of a CBI inquiry. The counsel for Haryana, however, informed the court that security has been provided to the petitioner.
While Chauhan had sought medical examination of seven other sadhus as well, the court had directed petitioner to get only his medical examination done at GMSH, Sector 16. The high court had issued notices to the Haryana government and the CBI as Chauhan had alleged that around 400 other sadhus had been castrated at the dera in Sirsa.
- Is bankruptcy code the first of a new trend?
- Perceptions that the Modi government has moved Westwards are misplaced
- Akhand Bharat is a mainstay of Hindu nationalism
- Raja-Mandala: Silence is golden
- Why Hindutva must not be allowed to define Hinduism
- At Pathankot, lessons unlearnt from 26/11, and mistakes repeated