Former Dera Sacha Sauda sadhu castrated, say docs
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
Sadhu Hans Raj Chauhan, who had filed a petition alleging castration at the behest of Dera Sacha Sauda head Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, was indeed castrated, a report by a board of doctors of the Government Multi Specialty Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 confirmed on Monday.
The report was submitted to the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Monday.
Taking it up on record, Justice R N Raina directed the Dera Sacha Sauda to file its reply in the case. During resumed hearing on Monday, senior standing counsel for CBI, S S Sandhu, apprised the court that state authorities are competent enough to probe the matter and hence there was no need of a CBI inquiry. The counsel for Haryana, however, informed the court that security has been provided to the petitioner.
While Chauhan had sought medical examination of seven other sadhus as well, the court had directed petitioner to get only his medical examination done at GMSH, Sector 16. The high court had issued notices to the Haryana government and the CBI as Chauhan had alleged that around 400 other sadhus had been castrated at the dera in Sirsa.