Om Prakash Chautala's son Abhay Singh accuses Cong of framing his father
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
Indian National Lok Dal MLA Abhay Singh Chautala today accused Congress of misusing CBI to "frame" his father and former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in the teachers' appointment scam.
"In order to hide its weaknesses and because of growing popularity of my father, the Congress has framed him (Om Prakash Chautala) in the Junior Basic Teacher (JBT) appointment scam by misusing CBI," he said.
Chautala, who is also Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President, was talking to reporters after inaugurating National Taekwando Championship here.
He said if the recruitment of 3,200 JBTs was wrong then why were they given promotions.
"If my father had done something wrong then they (JBTs) should have been sacked from the job or not given promotion," Abhay said refusing to take queries from reporters.
The former Haryana chief minister, his MLA son Ajay and 53 others, including two IAS officers Vidya Dhar and Sanjiv Kumar, were convicted on January 16 on corruption and other charges by a Delhi court for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers 12 years back, and were sent to Tihar Jail.
Both the Chautalas along with others were convicted of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.