Former IB officer, son found dead in house
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
Cops say seemed to be depressed after the death of the officer's wife.
A father-son duo was found dead in their Sector 32 residence on Thursday.
Retired section officer of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) Sant Parkash Singh, 77, and his gold medallist son, Gurpal Singh, 36, reportedly consumed two bottles of celphos each to end their lives.
The bodies were recovered after a neighbour and a close friend, K K Chopra, went to meet them, realising that he had not seen the two since Tuesday. He was alerted by a courier who went to Chopra's house in the same row after reading a note the two victims had left at their door to deliver their post at Chopra's address.
"I had met the two on Tuesday when I went to wish Gurpal on his birthday. They said that they would not be celebrating the birthday due to his mother's demise. This afternoon, I went to their house to check if they are inside. Since I had a spare key, I opened the door and found them lying on the beds, dead," Chopra said.
The police have recovered more than a dozen suicide notes written in two handwritings on different dates. "Prima facie, it seems that the two were depressed after the death of Prakash Kaur, Sant Parkash's wife, who died in May last year. The last note is written on January 29 which happened to be Gurpal's birthday," said Inspector Diwan Singh, the area SHO.
As per the police, the victims have not blamed anyone for their death. However, they have mentioned some property dispute with their relatives. In the note, Sant Parkash has referred to three of his friends, saying they have been given the responsibility to dispose of his property which had been with him for 35 years.
- HC frowns at harassment of tenants in old buildings
- Rai Cong’s local man against Modi, Kejriwal
- Baig death order: Final hearing in HC on June 16
- Centre allows use of bull in Jallikattu, sets guidelines
- Injured trying to defuse bomb, CRPF man cries for help on TV
- SC notice to Haryana on land use for Faridabad hospital