Former India hockey captain Leslie Cladius admitted to hospital
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Triple Olympic hockey gold medal winner Leslie Claudius, suffering from cirrhosis of the liver, was again admitted to a private hospital following complications, his son Brandon said today.
The Bengal Hockey Association (BHA) was to confer the 'Lifetime Achievement' to the 85-year-old today, on the eve of their AGM, but his son said "the association did not inform me before announcing it to the media."
"How can you give him an award when he's hospitalised? They should have informed me before announcing it. He was taken to hospital yesterday for his abonormal fluid retention complications," Brandon said.
The former India captain was in a critical state as he was being treated at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a city hospital for about a month before being released on December 4.
In the last one year, Claudius had been hospitalised about six times as his health had deteriorated.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness