Former India hockey captain Leslie Cladius admitted to hospital
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
Triple Olympic hockey gold medal winner Leslie Claudius, suffering from cirrhosis of the liver, was again admitted to a private hospital following complications, his son Brandon said today.
The Bengal Hockey Association (BHA) was to confer the 'Lifetime Achievement' to the 85-year-old today, on the eve of their AGM, but his son said "the association did not inform me before announcing it to the media."
"How can you give him an award when he's hospitalised? They should have informed me before announcing it. He was taken to hospital yesterday for his abonormal fluid retention complications," Brandon said.
The former India captain was in a critical state as he was being treated at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a city hospital for about a month before being released on December 4.
In the last one year, Claudius had been hospitalised about six times as his health had deteriorated.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages