Former JD(U) MLA allegedly demands Rs 2 crore for party rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Mulayam's shocker: Boys will be boys, they make mistakes... Will you hang them for rape?
- SC junks PIL seeking reconstitution of SIT probing Gujarat riots
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Proprietor of a private engineering college in Bihar's Vaishali district today alleged that former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla had demanded Rs two crore from him for the party's 'Adhikar rally' at Patna on November 4, police said today.
Pataliputra Engineering College Director Santlal Yadav has lodged an FIR at Bhagwanpur police station against Shukla for allegedly demanding Rs two crore to raise funds for JD(U)'s rally next week, Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav alleged that Shukla, presently lodged in Muzaffarpur central jail, called him on mobile phone on October 26 and demanded the amount while threatening him with dire consequences if this was not met, the SP said, adding that an investigation was going on in the matter.
Shukla, husband of JD(U) MLA Anju Shukla, had successfully contested Lalganj assembly seat on the party's ticket in November 2005 polls. He was denied another run in the last assembly polls after his conviction in the murder case of former Gopalganj district magistrate G Krishnaiah.
In Patna, the state unit JD(U) president Vashishth Narayan Singh said he was gathering details about the extortion demand made by the former party MLA.