Former LACCFED chief declared absconder
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Sushil Katiyar, former chairman of Labour and Construction Co-operative Federation, who is on the run in a case of embezzlement of Rs 50 crore, has been declared absconder by the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Ravi Kant after he failed to turn up for questioning despite several notices.
Special Investigation Bureau Deputy SP A P Gangwar, who is supervising the investigation, said today that the court order declaring Katiyar an absconder had been served at his residence in Kanpur. They will next move the court for attachment of Kaityar's property if he remains untraceable.
The SIB has so far arrested eight accused, including LACCFED officials and former labour minister Badshah Singh.
Katiyar, who enjoyed the status of a minister while serving as LACCFED chairman, was removed after the scam was detected and the board was abolished in February. In August, he was named as an accused in the case.
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
- PC’s dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, ‘spend wisely’
- State’s auto-hubs among ‘expenditure-sensitive’ areas for Lok Sabha polls
- ‘Kejriwal, Yogendra indulging in identity politics’
- …Will field ex-IAS Christy against K V Thomas
- In Kerala, Left backs Independent Innocent…