Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif's younger brother dies of electric shock
- Narendra Modi is like a nursery student who thinks he is a doctor, a PhD: Salman Khurshid on Gujarat riots 'clean chit'
- 1962 Sino-Indian war report: Govt advocated caution, Army dictated policy that was militarily unsound
- No intention to invade other regions, much less other nations: Putin
- BJP pits V K Singh against Ilmi, Babbar in Rajnathâs Ghaziabad
- Kalmadi out, Azhar, Joshi shift seats
Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif's younger brother Abbas Sharif died of an electric shock in this eastern city today.
Abbas Sharif, 59, touched a live wire at a mosque near his family's residence in Raiwind while leaving after the Friday prayer, a police officer said.
He was taken to the nearby Sharif Medical Complex, where doctors pronounced him dead.
A former member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Abbas Sharif was not active in politics or the family business.
He is survived by his wife, two sons and as many daughters.
- A day after Holi, workers stay away from work
- Deputy Mayor Sharma booked for murder
- Stop Aadhaar data use to probe crime: UIDAI to SC
- Congress will win at least 20 seats in the state: Siddaramaiah
- Have done nothing wrong, need not fear anyone: Geetha Shivrajkumar
- ‘We’ll make progress in south India, open account in Kerala’