Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif's younger brother dies of electric shock
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif's younger brother Abbas Sharif died of an electric shock in this eastern city today.
Abbas Sharif, 59, touched a live wire at a mosque near his family's residence in Raiwind while leaving after the Friday prayer, a police officer said.
He was taken to the nearby Sharif Medical Complex, where doctors pronounced him dead.
A former member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Abbas Sharif was not active in politics or the family business.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment