Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif's younger brother dies of electric shock
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif's younger brother Abbas Sharif died of an electric shock in this eastern city today.
Abbas Sharif, 59, touched a live wire at a mosque near his family's residence in Raiwind while leaving after the Friday prayer, a police officer said.
He was taken to the nearby Sharif Medical Complex, where doctors pronounced him dead.
A former member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Abbas Sharif was not active in politics or the family business.