Former President APJ Abdul Kalam pitches for farmers’ cooperative movements
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
'Society needs enlightened generation'
Vadodara: Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said in an enlightened society there would be no place for incidents like the recent gangrape and murder of 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in Delhi. "The solution can take long time. We need an enlightened generation of citizens and such a generation can be raised by spiritual parents and good primary schools," Kalam said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress