Former President APJ Abdul Kalam pitches for farmers’ cooperative movements
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
'Society needs enlightened generation'
Vadodara: Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said in an enlightened society there would be no place for incidents like the recent gangrape and murder of 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in Delhi. "The solution can take long time. We need an enlightened generation of citizens and such a generation can be raised by spiritual parents and good primary schools," Kalam said.