Former President APJ Abdul Kalam pitches for farmers’ cooperative movements
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
'Society needs enlightened generation'
Vadodara: Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said in an enlightened society there would be no place for incidents like the recent gangrape and murder of 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in Delhi. "The solution can take long time. We need an enlightened generation of citizens and such a generation can be raised by spiritual parents and good primary schools," Kalam said.