Former Salem gang member held, gun seized
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A former Abu Salem gang member who was stopped during a routine drive against drunk drivers on Tuesday night was found to be carrying a gun and was arrested under the Arms Act, police said.
The police said Rajesh Hatankar (40) was was on a bike along with another person when they were stopped in Mulund. The pillionrider allegedly fled, arousing suspicions.
Hatankar was searched and was allegedly found carrying a countrymade pistol and five live rounds, after which the gun was seized and he was handed over to Navghar police. A crime branch official said Hatankar has been booked under the Arms Act. He has been questioned by a crime branch team.