Former Salem gang member held, gun seized
A former Abu Salem gang member who was stopped during a routine drive against drunk drivers on Tuesday night was found to be carrying a gun and was arrested under the Arms Act, police said.
The police said Rajesh Hatankar (40) was was on a bike along with another person when they were stopped in Mulund. The pillionrider allegedly fled, arousing suspicions.
Hatankar was searched and was allegedly found carrying a countrymade pistol and five live rounds, after which the gun was seized and he was handed over to Navghar police. A crime branch official said Hatankar has been booked under the Arms Act. He has been questioned by a crime branch team.
- Man held for fleeing with women’s jewellery after proposing marriage
- Now, accused Shridharan seeks permanent accommodation
- Quash FIR for murder bid, Rane urges HC
- Ahmedabad East seat: Congress local man confident of overtaking BJP’s ‘imported actor’
- Trangenders in city hail SC verdict, say they’re humans at last
- Ramdev to campaign for Modi in Vadodara, Cong complains