Former Under-19 cricketer arrested for murder
- Combating terrorism must be major priority for G20: PM Narendra Modi
- Obama on Paris attack: Twisted ideology behind killing of innocents
- G20 summit: India pledges to hike renewable energy output to 175GW by 2022
- Two attackers killed in Paris were Frenchmen living in Brussels
- Petrol price hiked by 36 paise/litre, diesel by 87 paise/litre
A former member of the Maharashtra Under-19 cricket squad and another man have been arrested for allegedly abducting and murdering a youth.
Keshav, a resident of Jagriti Vihar locality, was allegedly shot dead by cricketer Vipin Giri (22) with the help of three accomplices on November 9 after they abducted him, Superintendent of Police Om Prakash said today.
Giri, who was a neighbour to Keshav's family, and one of his accomplices and driver, Ankit, have allegedly confessed to the crime during interrogation.
The four took 21-year-old Keshav to Bulandshehar district and shot him, disposing of the body in a nearby canal, he said.
Efforts are still on to recover the body, police said, adding that the two other accused are absconding.
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly
- Paris attacks: The loss of innocence
- How the AMU professor became a rallying point for LGBT movement
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself