Former Under-19 cricketer arrested for murder
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
A former member of the Maharashtra Under-19 cricket squad and another man have been arrested for allegedly abducting and murdering a youth.
Keshav, a resident of Jagriti Vihar locality, was allegedly shot dead by cricketer Vipin Giri (22) with the help of three accomplices on November 9 after they abducted him, Superintendent of Police Om Prakash said today.
Giri, who was a neighbour to Keshav's family, and one of his accomplices and driver, Ankit, have allegedly confessed to the crime during interrogation.
The four took 21-year-old Keshav to Bulandshehar district and shot him, disposing of the body in a nearby canal, he said.
Efforts are still on to recover the body, police said, adding that the two other accused are absconding.