Formula One team Mercedes in turmoil over Ross Brawn's rumoured dismissal
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
Formula One team Mercedes is facing turmoil after reports arose that team principal Ross Brawn could be relieved from his post in a major shake-up.
Former F1 driver Eddie Jordan said that Brawn and CEO Nick Fry are on their way out of Mercedes and added that McLaren's technical director Paddy Lowe will be assuming a senior position at the team, reports The Sun.
However, new Mercedes chief Toto Wolff has denied the report, saying that Brawn has a fantastic track record and is an important part of the team. Downplaying links with Lowe, Wolff said there is always a lot of speculation in the game on the people coming in and going from the teams. Brawn masterminded the career of Michael Schumacher and was team boss when Jenson Button won the world title in 2009.
The news comes after Hamilton made his first address to Mercedes' staff in Stuttgart, Germany, where he outlined his plans to challenge former racing team McLaren and reigning Formula One champions Red Bull.
- Cops scan video footage to identify miscreants
- LGBT community struggles to make it to electoral rolls
- ‘I am proud of all criminal cases filed against me’
- ‘Balasaheb’s speeches inspired me to join MNS… I should have been here much earlier’
- Modi’s AAP rival and his marriage(s)
- Modi will create unprecedented history: Advani