Forty years after Bobby, Rishi Kapoor to tell his story
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Rishi Kapoor, the eternal romantic hero, would have a lot to tell about his life and times so far. 40 years after the release of Bobby (1973), his debut film as a romantic lead, Rishi Kapoor would be bringing out his biography. What's more, the event may just take place in September this year when he turns 61.
"It was a closely guarded secret, but the fact remains that work on his biography has been on for quite some time now. The book would be covering the entire aspect of his personal as well as professional life. It would be pretty much a chronicle of the kind of career he has enjoyed not just during last 40 years but also much before that when he had started as a child artist," said a source.
Not many are aware that he had won a National Award for his work in his debut film Mera Naam Joker (1970) where he had played the much younger version of his father Raj Kapoor.
The source continues, "Rishiji would be talking in detail about his early entry into the film industry as well as being a part of the First family of Bollywood, the Kapoors. There would also be focus on his reign as the King of romantic film hero for 25 years straight and then his subsequent transition to playing senior characters. Moreover, he also holds the record for introducing over 20 heroines and he would be bringing that to the fore as well."
It is also expected that Ranbir Kapoor and his rise as a star actor would find a mention as well. However, the book would stay away from using any controversial elements from the senior actor's life to be used as a selling point.
"He has been one of the most non-controversial actors to have been around for over four decades now. He hardly had any flings, he married the woman whom he fell in love with (Neetu Singh) and hasn't had any war with his peers or contemporaries. His biography is going to be centered on him, his love for films and his association with industry friends and colleagues", the source adds.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18