FOSWAC meets Municipal Commissioner
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
A delegation of the Federation of Sectors Welfare Association Chandigarh (FOSWAC) met the Municipal Commissioner Vivek Pratap Singh and raised various issues. It was demanded that three openings in the row of houses in Sector 36-D along V-3 roads towards Sector 37 and 42 be closed. Provision be made for a sealing wall on the vacant space between liquor shop and post office to separate the residential and shopping complex in Sector 36. Another demand raised was for pruning of trees that were obstructing street lights.
The delegation further demanded the starting of the construction of a community centre in Sector 38 (W). Development of a green belt in Sector 51 was also demanded.