Four arrested for burglary
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
The UT Police on Tuesday busted a gang of burglars who allegedly broke open five shops in Sector 41 D in wee hours of January 27. Police claim to have solved five cases of burglaries with the arrests of Tarsem Kumar, Pankaj, Rocky and Rohit, all residents of the Sector 25 colony. Three more accused are on the run and raids are being conducted to nab them.
Pipat elected PSMSU chairman
Chandigarh: Bhupinder Pipat, president of Punjab Health & Medical Directorate Employees Union, has been unanimously elected as the chairman of Punjab State Ministerial Services Union (PSMSU) (Chandigarh unit) on Tuesday.
LIC opens back office in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: To improve services and the loan sanctioning process in the northern states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, LIC Housing Finance Limited has opened a back office at Chandigarh. It was inaugurated by V K Sharma, Director and Chief Executive of LIC Housing Finance Limited.
Bank holds vigilance awareness workshop
Chandigarh: In an attempt to sensitise and acquaint senior bank officers of preventive vigilance measures to combat irregular practices, the Punjab and Sind Bank organised a Vigilance Awareness workshop in the city on Tuesday.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready