Four arrested for Goregaon burglary
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Vanrai police have arrested four Nepal natives for allegedly burgling the Goregaon residence of an architect last month. Three other accused, including two who worked as watchmen of the building, are wanted in the case.
Police said the complainant, Prasad Walavalkar, had gone to his native place in Nashik on January 25 and when he returned on January 28, he found that the lock to his house had been broken. A cupboard inside was broken open and cash and jewellery totally worth Rs 9 lakh were missing. He then approached the Vanrai police.
"Two watchmen employed at the building were absconding since the day of the incident. We obtained their numbers, got their call data records and traced the accused. They have been remanded in police custody till February 8," said an officer.