Four Bengal MLAs in hospital after TMC-Left free-for-all in Assembly
- Elections 2014 LIVE: SP, BJP hand in glove in communalising elections, says Beni Prasad; Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- ICC Twenty20 final preview: On cupâs cusp
Partha Chatterjee said the Speaker had suspended the members under Section 347, which did not provide any scope for self-defence, and accused the CPM of resorting to "goonda raj", as it had done in the past 34 years.
"What business did Hembram have to go to the Treasury benches and attack our women members?" he questioned. He also called the incident "pre-planned", and an attempt to tarnish the image of the government.
Attacking the TMC, the Congress said: "It is a dark chapter in the legislative history of the state and the ruling party should be more patient despite provocation by the Opposition. Unfortunately, the Trinamool Congress could not exhibit (patience)."
- Rahul slams BJP over corruption and communalism
- BJP welcomes tacit support of DMK chief's son Alagiri
- Ram temple matter of faith for BJP; focus on development issues: Uma Bharti
- Congress policies promoting growth of communal forces: Sitaram Yechury
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death