Four children killed in fire mishap
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Mirzapur:Four children were killed in a fire incident in Vindhyachal area, police said on Saturday. Jitendra (1), Nagendra (2), Reena (3) and one more child were seriously injured when their bed made of hay caught fire from an earthen lamp on Friday night in Akauri village, they said. The children were admitted to the district hospital where they died, police said.
Truck rams into house, five killed
Gonda:Five persons were killed and four others injured on Saturday when a truck rammed into a house in Wazirganj town, police said. Shiv Kumar Mishra, Mishrilal, his wife Premwati and Munni Devi were killed when the truck loaded with cement rammed into the house after hitting a tea stall on Gonda- Faizabad highway, they said. The injured were admitted to a local hospital where one Tripurari died during treatment.
Youth booked for raping minor
Ballia:A youth has been booked for allegedly raping a minor girl in Gadwar area of the district on the pretext of marrying her. A relative of the 15-year-old had lodged a complaint alleging that the girl was sexually exploited by the youth, who had promised to marry her but later refused, police said. A case of rape was lodged against the accused on Friday for entering into a physical relationship with a minor girl, they said.