Four children killed in fire mishap
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Mirzapur:Four children were killed in a fire incident in Vindhyachal area, police said on Saturday. Jitendra (1), Nagendra (2), Reena (3) and one more child were seriously injured when their bed made of hay caught fire from an earthen lamp on Friday night in Akauri village, they said. The children were admitted to the district hospital where they died, police said.
Truck rams into house, five killed
Gonda:Five persons were killed and four others injured on Saturday when a truck rammed into a house in Wazirganj town, police said. Shiv Kumar Mishra, Mishrilal, his wife Premwati and Munni Devi were killed when the truck loaded with cement rammed into the house after hitting a tea stall on Gonda- Faizabad highway, they said. The injured were admitted to a local hospital where one Tripurari died during treatment.
Youth booked for raping minor
Ballia:A youth has been booked for allegedly raping a minor girl in Gadwar area of the district on the pretext of marrying her. A relative of the 15-year-old had lodged a complaint alleging that the girl was sexually exploited by the youth, who had promised to marry her but later refused, police said. A case of rape was lodged against the accused on Friday for entering into a physical relationship with a minor girl, they said.