Four cops booked for custodial death
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Police on Sunday registered an FIR against four policemen, including three sub-inspectors, in Firozabad for allegedly thrashing a youth to death. However, no one was arrested.
On Friday, the police arrested 26-year-old Zeeshan along with his associate Shamshad and recovered a country-made pistol and charas. Both were booked under Arms Act and NDPS Act, and produced in court on Saturday which sent them to judicial custody.
At night, Zeeshan complained of pain in stomach. When his condition deteriorated, the jail doctor referred him to district hospital where he was declared brought death.
After family members of deceased came to know about it, they rushed to hospital and staged a protest. They claimed that police had thrashed Zeeshan badly following which he suffered serious injuries and died.
On the basis of a complaint filed by the family of the deceased, the north Firozabad police station lodged an FIR under various sections of IPC including 302 (murder).
The accused are S-I Rajendra Pratap and Senior S-I Rajveer, both attached with north Firozabad police station, S-I Ashish Kumar and one constable. Ashish Kumar is in-charge of the district Special Operation Group (SOG) team.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since