Four dead, 11 hurt after vehicle pile-up on Faridkot road
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Four people died on the spot and 11 others sustained injuries after a car collided head on with a truck and overturned before being hit by a jeep near Kaler village on the Faridkot-Talwandi road on Sunday. Six of the injured are in critical condition and all 11 of them have been admitted in the Faridkot Medical College.
The accident occurred on Sunday morning when the car overturned after colliding with the truck. A Mahindra pick up jeep coming from behind then hit both the vehicles. All four occupants of the car died on the spot.
They have been identified as Nisha, her 17-year-old daughter Heena, Nisha's sister Dolly and the driver of the car, Goldy. The victims belong to a reputed industrial family of Faridkot. The driver, Goldy, is a father of a two-year-old toddler. Nisha's husband, Naresh Kumar was shocked after learning of the deaths of his wife and only daughter.
The horrific accident shocked even the residents of Kaler village. DSP Jaswinder Pal Sharma, who visited the spot along with other police officials, booked the truck driver but he is admitted in hospital. DC Ravi Bhagat also visited the spot.
Meanwhile, cremation of the dead was done in the afternoon after the post-mortem.